Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Finally!!!!

Where to begin?

I'm finally all moved. Yeah, that was a bit of a tribulation, but it's all done, and for that, I'm pretty grateful. The new house is very nice- I'm still enamored with it, and that might take a while to calm down some.

During the move, one of my co-workers, Nicci, asked me if I'd change shifts with her for a couple of weeks. She's pregnant, and not getting enough rest on her shift. I said sure. It's from 1715-0315, and I get an extra dollar for every hour worked between 1800-0600. While an extra dollar isn't much, every little bit helps, you know?

So, we did a straight swap- everywhere she was, I'm going to be, and vice versa. That means we also took each other's overtimes. What does that mean to me? A little more money in my pocket, and the ability to write while at work. Oh, beat me!

So, right after the move, I've been working. Including the overtime I've been working, today is the first day I've had off. I worked seven days straight, and then I'll be working five days straight. What's so bad about that? My work week is only four days long. So, yeah, I'm just a little tired. Hell, I still haven't really put my office together, yet.

So, I've been working at night, and getting some pitches done. The last round I sent was rejected, but I'm getting closer. He DID ask to see something in a different form, though, so I'm working on that. I just need to watch some Benny Hill. It'll be good. (It's Benny Hill!)

I also got in the final page from Bruno. Like all of his other pages, it looks good! I can't wait to find an inker so we can call this puppy done. I have a colorist on standby, as well as Larime for letters. Actually, the colorist knows an inker, and I just have to have some money in reserve to pay him. Actually, I need some money to pay everyone.

Did I mention that making comics is expensive?

So, what's left on my agenda for today? I have to edit two scripts that Benson sent, I have to find and watch Benny Hill, and maybe start putting my office together. Oh, I also have to fix my network so my laptop will stop having a hissy-fit. I also have to e-mail Bruno about the fixes on the pages before calling the pencils done. If I wanted to, I could make this into a full day, but this is supposed to be my day of REST, dammit! LOL I may just do the edits, find Benny Hill, and not move for the rest of the day. That sounds nice.

That's my plan, now. I'm gonna go with it.

Be good, y'hear?

-Steven

No comments: