Monday, June 9, 2008

Packing Up

The title says it all, doesn't it?

We're getting ready to leave our expensive abode, and move again for the last time.

Honestly, if we EVER move again, we're paying someone to pack us up and move us. Otherwise, it's just not happening.

Yes, the kittens are doing fine. No, I haven't grown attached to any of them. I don't want them. We already have two cats and a dog, all of which are going to have to find a way to live in peace once we move. Rukus (the dog) is going to be inside a hell of a lot more.

I spoke to the property manager of the house we're moving to. He said he'd be talking to the old property manager later today, to get a date when the house would be ready to move into. As soon as we get a date, we can start talking about utilities and moving trucks and all that good stuff. He said that the old property manager said it would be ready today, but he didn't really believe it. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

So, what does that mean for other stuff, like the internet? Well, I'll be talking to Lenora about that one. I can't be without my internet!!! How am I supposed to get any work done? Especially the work that I already started: Loxley and Keys, editing Hollow and The Legion, possibly editing someone else on a different book... All of that is done over the 'net. I'd rather be without television for a little bit than be without my connection, and that's the honest truth. (It doesn't hurt that I also have shows to watch, like Dark Shadows, three seasons of 24, some Farscape... Couple that with movies that we bought but I still haven't watched, and we're talking about a few weeks worth of entertainment. We'll see what happens.)

On the comics front, I have only a few new things. Benson, the writer I'm working with and whipping into shape, sent over the first of three different scripts I asked him to write. It's not bad. Could use some work, but that's why I'm working with him. Getting him ready for the big conversion of his screenplay. And Larime sent over a Hollow script for me to edit, so I'll be working on that, too. However, I haven't heard back from Ryan on Keys yet, and I'm expecting pages to come from Bruno literally any day now.

So that's where I'm at. Tonight I'll start moving boxes into the garage for staging. The less that's in the house, the easier the move itself will be. Like I said before, I'm not really looking forward to the physical aspect of it, but once it's done, it's done.

And I'm done. Talk to you soon.

-Steven

No comments: