Friday, June 6, 2008

Mother's Day

So, today's my mother's birthday.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Yeah, there's a whole convoluted story behind it, and I'll not go into it with you. Sorry.

I went back to work today. It was pretty good. I have no complaints about it. Signed up for some overtime, and will stay over when needed. I really, REALLY love what I do. Honestly. No sarcasm involved. Where else am I going to get paid to write?

I checked DW this morning before I went to work, and had a private message from one of the writers there, thanking me for all the help I'd given him. He's a novelist by trade, and is doing his first comics work. The work itself is pretty strong. He did his homework, studied the format, and started knocking it near the wall on his first outing. He said that Lee Nordling and myself were head and shoulders above the rest in actual help. It was kinda strange to hear it. I mean, sure, other writers say "thanks for the help" all the time, that's nothing new. But to take the extra couple of clicks to write a private message? That's heartfelt thanks in my book, and I was a little humbled by it.

However, not being one to let a potential job pass me by, I also offered to edit the book. :) He said he'd take me up on it. I see the story going places. He's a strong writer, I just hope he hooked up with a strong artist. We'll see what happens.

Get used to hearing that phrase. "We'll see what happens." I tend to say it a lot, basically because I'm waiting for others.

I have to finish reading the Legion screenplay today. I'll do it as I watch tennis. Today was the men's semifinal, and we had Djokovic playing Nadal, and Federer will roll over Monfils. Should be fun.

Okay, short one today. One of the cats is pregnant, and about to give birth any hour now. Some of her water just broke on my chair.

Stop laughing! It could happen to you.

I'm going to go change my pants and watch tennis. You be good.

-Steven

No comments: