Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Overtime and Moving

I was able to pick up some overtime last night. I got the call at 6:45 pm to work from 10:45 pm to 7:45 am. Yeah, it was rough, but only at the end of the shift. However, every little bit helps.

It was a pretty decent night, actually. I got some editing done, I read the screenplay of The Legion, and did some writing on Loxley. I have no complaints.

I also heard from the new property manager. Friday is the day we get to move. I'm not looking forward to it, but excited all the same. It's finally getting into the 100's here, and moving in the daytime is not something I'm looking forward to.

So, Friday it is. I have the day off from work, and that's a great thing. Whoa. No it's not. I was supposed to have some overtime on Friday, and losing that isn't my idea of a good time. Oh, well. It'll all work out. Having that huge chunk of overtime last night will definitely take the sting out. It's just two hours, so instead of having thirteen hours, I'll only have eleven. I'll live.

I had a decent conversation with Benson when I got home. For his vision of The Legion, he had his female lead in a unisex body, and while that's okay in theory, it's not in practice. I gave him some reasons to change a few things around, keeping her female form and changing another detail. Nothing that harms the integrity of the story, and nothing he couldn't live with. Yes, of course I asked if the changes were okay. What kind of cad do you think I am?

Oh, and I got a present from Bruno yesterday. It looks GOOOOD. I'm waiting for the other pages to come in, and then see how much an inker will run me. I need to finish paying for a few things, and Bruno is one of them.

Okay, I'm hungry, and the strange thing is that the movie I'm watching just mentioned food and the time- and both were decently accurate.

I also found another artist that I want to work with. I have a few things he'd be absolutely perfect for. However, it will probably have to wait until my birthday, which is in January. Six months. Six months to the day, actually.

Oh, and today is my oldest cousin's birthday! He's thirty-seven! Happy birthday, Wes!

That's it for now. Be safe.

-Steven

No comments: