Thursday, March 12, 2009

Some Things...

Today's a great day.  Really.  It's Thursday, and it feels like it.  I don't feel behind or under the gun.  It's really a fantastic feeling.

Had a little scare earlier today, though.  Well, one was more drastic than the other.  I had a nightmare to start off my morning.  I haven't had one in a while, so I figure that I was due.  It wasn't that bad nor particularly frightening, either.  Just enough to get my blood going and wake with a small start.  And no, it wasn't really anything to write about.  

The bigger scare, though, was the fact that the 4 day passes of SDCC are almost sold out.  In a day.  WOW.  That blew my mind.  Yes, I got one, but I need to get another one for Lenora.  Otherwise, it'll be the more expensive day passes.  We'll see how it goes.

And that's just to get IN the place.  I still need to get there and back, and lodging.  We're looking to stay at a friend's house during that weekend, so that'll be taken care of.  Getting there?  Probably a rental car and using the trolley once we're there.  It'll get taken care of.  

I'm also looking into something that would be really good for me.  More about that if it does or doesn't happen.  Hey, if I have to play the waiting game, so do you.

Yes, I'm still waiting to hear about the big project.  I know it's March.  These things take time.  So that I'm not in a holding pattern, I'm still working on other things.

I was at work the other day, and finally finished the first issue to Annie O.N.E.  Pretty stoked about that.  I was having trouble with it before, but that trouble went away.  So it's good.  I was also working on Group, and am nearly ready to snd th next set of pages off to Sara.  She's doing a phenomenal job with it, let me tell you.  I'm very lucky to have her.  

It doesn't help that I was giggling my ass off as I wrote a particular scene in Group, either.  It was pretty funny to me, in a messed up sort of way.  Maybe I'll talk about it somewhere down the line.  

Oh!  I have to investigate getting a card made up for SDCC.  Looking into that now.  It should be good.  It will also be the first time I'd be handing out cards not only as a professional, but for something that I really believe in: myself.  My card, for myself, not for someone else's business or anything like that.  It's not for Amway (also known as Britt Worldwide), or for a lawyer network or anything like that.  It's going to be for me, and all about me.  I'm pretty excited.

I'm also trying not to start another project.  I want to get these finished first.  Well...  Okay, I have another artist for another project, but it should be good to go pretty soon.  That project is already written.  I'm talking about another writing project.  I have a couple of ideas, but I'm keeping them under wraps for now.  It'll do me good.  

I should be starting up a couple of editing projects soon, which will keep me busy. 

For real life stuff, nothing too much is going on.  Lenora took off today and tomorrow, so we're spending time together.  That's always good.  

Work is good.  One of the newbies didn't make it through training.  She wasn't really suited for the job, anyway.  Was going to get someone killed.  Literally.  It was just a matter of time.  It became harder than it needed to be in order to get rid of her because of my other co-workers, but it all turned out well in the end.

There are another couple of newbies in classroom training right now.  

Okay, time for a small aside.  Call me superficial, but there's a certain quality of both men and women that I work around that has to be spoken about.  I'm not going to say that we're all beautiful, but damn, there's a high concentration of good looking people there, both men and women.  There are few people that wouldn't be able to find someone they liked there, just from a perspective of looks.  Personalities is something different.  But the last few classes have been something of a decline in quality of talent and quality of "talent."  It was too good to last, I guess.

I may be training at my job soon, too.  Not training for it, training other people to do it.  Yeah, I find it scary, too.  Not something I'm really looking forward to, because I don't feel comfortable enough in what I'm doing at all positions yet in order to really train at them.  Ah, no matter.  It's coming, and I'll make my way through it.  It will be fine.

That's it for me for now.  Go watch The Mummy (Boris Karloff).  

-Steven

No comments: