Monday, July 14, 2008

Getting It Done (kinda)

Okay, I've been watching Clue as I go to sleep for the past few sleep cycles (I can't call them nights- going to bed at 4 am is not a "night", no matter how long you sleep for!), and it's as good as I remember. I watched the trailer, and there's a scene in the trailer that didn't make the cut of the movie. Yeah, I know it that well. Kinda sad, I know, but don't tell me you don't know every word to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, or Grease, or Blazing Saddles. So, no digs on me about clue. Besides, Leslie Ann Warren and Colleen Camp were sexy in it.

Before the move, I was flipping channels and landed on Murder She Wrote. Angela Landsbury and Tom Bosly, yadda yadda. However, Tom was looking for a new deputy, and it turned out to be a woman. Her face bothered me, because I couldn't place it. And then the light bulb finally went off- Colleen Camp.

I was watching the new (not scary) Halloween. The nurse that got killed by little Mikey? She looked familiar as hell to me, but I couldn't place her. Watching the commentary track, it turned out to be Sybil Danning. I was only slightly horrified. She still looks good (I loves me some older wimmins!), but there was something going on with her teeth that was un-sexy. All it did was serve to remind me I need to get Howling II: Your Sister's A Werewolf. (Yes, I like bad movies! Give me a good bad movie over this cgi crap any day. At least those movies have real special effects.)

Yes, I'm still waiting to hear about the pitches I sent. This is the last time I'll mention it for a while. In the meantime, I'm working on other pitches.

I still have yet to watch Benny Hill. When I get some downtime lately, it's basically sleep time. So, that's on my plate. However, it's not the monkey that's on my back. THAT particular monkey belongs to a private detective I'm also going to submit. I'm combining some elements from other stories I have in order to make this new one, and while I find it interesting, I'm having trouble writing an interesting pitch for it. I'll work on it on Wednesday. Tomorrow is my day with Lenora, and I have some overtime to do on Wednesday. When I'm not doing the overtime, I'll be working on the pitches. Then I'm off on Thurs, and that'll probably be devoted to cleaning house.

I also requested to become an apprentice of the Hundred and Four. Kinda like the 4400, but much different. (Was that show any good? I only watched a couple of episodes. It seemed decent enough.) What is the 104? Basically, it's a group of people that will help teach how to write in a multitude of disciplines, as well as the business side of writing. The editor in chief of the endeavor is Hannibal Tabu, creator of The Buy Pile, which is where I learned of the 104 in the first place. (Hannibal is also the assumed first name of my private detective. Hannibal means "grace of Baal" and is the name of a great general of Carthage, from Africa. But you knew that, right?) So, we'll see what happens with that. I really like their mission statement, and I truly want to become a better writer. I just have to wait almost a week to hear back from him.

They say patience is a virtue, but I'm as patient as a llama with it's tail on fire.

Okay, time for bed. What's the movie? I don't remember. It'll be a b/w horror movie, though. Those are the best kinds. Which reminds me of another pitch I have to write... Wednesday, llama. Wednesday.

Be good. Go buy a Public Enemy album today.

-Steven

No comments: