Friday, January 9, 2009

Getting Older

It's my birthday tomorrow, and it's a time when I reflect just a little, just like everyone else.  

Like I said in a previous post, 2009 will be a good year.  I planted the seeds last year, and I have a lot of work to do in order to make things come out the way I want this year.  It's not like I can just sit back and hope things come to me.  I can look at other's blogs to see the results of that.  I don't plan on that being my fate this year.  I have too many plans for it to happen.

Resolutions?  Nope.  I'm not going to make a list of things that I want to accomplish for the year.  I know what I have to do, and I've already started what I need to do in order to see them through.

I'm still getting pages in from the artists I'm working with.  They're gorgeous.  I'll let you know how it goes with the proposal.  I'm not going to call it a submission.  If they reject the proposal, then I'll be publishing it on the web.  

I'm going to keep it kinda short today.  I made a proposal for a combination of work, and waiting to hear back on that.  

A lot of waiting, but there's a lot of feelers out, work being done.

Basically, it's nothing but one big present I'm giving to myself for my birthday.

3 comments:

Tyler James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tyler James said...

Happy B-Day, Steven! I got a big one coming up myself in February (3-0.) Hope you have a good one. This year I made a distinction between goals and resolutions...I'm looking at resolutions as things entirely within my control. For example, I have no problem with the resolution to read and write every day. This is as opposed to goals, something like, to have a comic published by so and so, which isn't completely in my hands. So, I'm focusing on a limited number of resolutions that, if kept, will make those ambitious goals more probable.

Steven Forbes said...

Thanks, Tyler. I appreciate it.